- Portugal may use the Resolution Fund to recapitalize Banco Espirito Santo, Diario Economico reports, citing unidentified people linked to the process.
- Resolution Fund may inject more than €3 billion
- A “bad bank” may be created for the toxic assets of the credit portfolio
- Solution aims to rescue Banco Espirito Santo without spending taxpayers’ money, and is being prepared by the government and the Bank of Portugal
- From Aug. 4, Banco Espirito Santo will leave the stock market and will be 100% owned by the Resolution Fund, an entity created in 2012 and financed by Portuguese banks and by revenue from the special contribution that the banking sector pays the Portuguese state
- Resolution Fund will have to be given enough resources to capitalize Banco Espirito Santo, andaccording to legislation this can be done through a state loan or through a new special contribution imposed on the 84 institutions that contribute to the fund
- Part of the €6.4b that the Portuguese state still has available in the bank recapitalization facility that was included in Portugal’s bailout program may also be used to give the Resolution Fund the necessary resources to capitalize Banco Espirito Santo
- Portuguese authorities’ plans predict that the bank will be sold in the stock market within six months, with the proceeds from the sale being used to repay the Resolution Fund
Может быть использован национальный фонд урегулирования несостоятельности для рекапитализации Banco Espirito Santo на более чем 3 ярда ( проще говоря национализация). Хотят спасти без использования денег налогоплательщиков.
Странно, чё евра не пуляет вверх. Кто не в теме, именно этот банчик тянул вниз Сипи и DAX на прошлой неделе.